Following are recent news items from IID. For additional news items through 2010, click on the archive link below. For all others, please contact IID's records management section.
Are you interested in receiving automatic e-mail notices when we post news items? Click here to learn more.
- IID launches new customer care web portal, mobile app
Imperial Irrigation District today announced the March 1 launch of IID Customer Connect, a new web portal that provides a wealth of information for energy customers at their fingertips.
- IID Board makes $5 million in Local Entity funds available to serve broadest community benefit
IID will be accepting funding requests through Feb. 28, 2017, in its final distribution of Local Entity mitigation funds in a disbursement strategy focused on providing the broadest level of community benefit by year-end.
- IID vs. CAISO: District responds to Court’s favorable ruling
District Judge Anthony Battaglia recently issued a decision that will allow the Imperial Irrigation District to proceed with its legal claim to recover millions of dollars from the California Independent System Operator for CAISO’s misuse of IID’s electric power lines.
02/07/2017 9:27 AMdetail
- IID board approves income qualification changes for energy assistance programs
The IID Board of Directors recently approved income guideline changes for its 2017 customer assistance programs.
12/29/2016 10:58 AMdetail
- IID employees make special toy delivery to less fortunate children before Christmas
In the spirit of giving, employees of the Imperial Irrigation District played Santa for a day...
- IID reminds workers to be safe when near power lines
IID is reminding construction and agriculture workers to take caution when working near power lines to avoid accidents, injuries and service interruptions.
12/21/2016 2:49 PMdetail
- All-American Canal System recognized as national historic landmark
IID, U.S. Bureau of Reclamation and local dignitaries gathered to commemorate the All-American Canal system as a national historic civil engineering landmark.
12/19/2016 6:17 PMdetail
- IID board member to step down to accept county post
Imperial County announced today that IID Division 1 Director Matt Dessert is expected to become the county’s air pollution control officer.