Serving Southern California’s lower desert region, IID’s service area encompasses the Imperial Valley and the eastern Coachella Valley. Replete with renewable energy resources, open space and a diverse workforce, IID’s service area is as varied as it is rich with business opportunities. For businesses that want to thrive in California, IID’s service area offers affordable living and a business-friendly environment in close proximity to major urban markets.
As the region’s energy and water utility, IID delivers safe, high quality, reliable and affordable electric service and offers a dedicated water supply for new business. Our team of economic professionals is equipped to provide quality, hands-on service that anticipates and addresses the business requirements of any client. Such services include:
- A broad range of electric rates and services to help manage operating costs
- Estimates for untreated water and other water-related services
- Pro-business environment effective in bringing business to California
- Greenfield and brownfield industrial site searches
- Site reviews and visits
- Coordination of services with local entities and much more
IID also works closely with the Imperial Valley Economic Development Corporation and the Coachella Valley Economic Partnership, as well as city-specific business developers. As partners, we will connect you with vital knowledge, services and incentives that are available for new and expanding businesses. IID maintains the confidentiality of all business inquiries.
IID Office of Marketing & Economic Development
(760) 898-1877 • Email