Residential Energy Assistance Program (REAP)
Imperial Irrigation District’s Residential Energy Assistance Program (REAP) provides income-qualifying customers with a 20 percent discount on their electric bill. IID also offers a 30 percent REAP discount to qualifying seniors age 65 or older. Participants who are 65 or older will need to reapply for REAP every two years, while all other participants must reapply annually. It is the customer’s responsibility to renew the application. The income guidelines are as follows:
|Maximum Household Income (Effective as of Jan. 1, 2018)|
|No. in Household||Combined Annual Household Income|
|Each Additional Person||$7,315|
To establish eligibility you must complete the enclosed application and return it, along with any supporting proof of income (such as pay stubs, Social Security statements or other income information). This is required for each adult in residence. Applicants may receive the discount only after IID verifies the application. The applicant must be the customer of record with IID and cannot be claimed on another person’s Income Tax Return as a dependent.
If you are eligible, contact IID’s customer service department to make sure your account information is correct by calling 1-800-303-7756 or by emailing us at email@example.com.
How to Apply
- Complete and sign application [PDF]. (This form may take a few moments to download.)
- Fill out IRS Form 4506-T [PDF] for income verification (only for new applicants).
- Provide proof of income verification (for each adult in residence).
- Submit completed application, along with supporting documents, to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to IID (pre-paid mailer enclosed).
You can also apply at the following Customer Service Centers:
135 S. Plaza St.
301 Imperial Ave.
81-600 Avenue 58
- To avoid interruption of your discount, it is recommended that you apply 6-8 weeks prior to your renewal application deadline.
- Your primary residence must be in IID’s service area.
- You must provide information requested within 10 working days or the application will be void.
- This program is subject to funding availability and may change without prior notice.
- Account must be in good standing to qualify.
You Do Not Qualify for REAP if:
- You have multiple residential accounts.
- You have a commercial account (except domestic water pumps).
- You do not meet the income guidelines.
- Your account has been assigned for collection.
- You have history of unauthorized and unmetered energy consumption.
- Other restrictions may apply.
For more information on IID's energy assistance programs, please contact one of the following numbers:
- 1-760-339-9032 REAP Representative
- 1-800-303-7756 Customer Service