Residential Energy Assistance Program (REAP)
IID’s Residential Energy Assistance Program (REAP) was designed to provide customers with a discounted rate on their electric bills. If you meet the income-qualifying guidelines, IID offers you a 20 percent discount on your bill. The guidelines are as follows:
Recognizing the challenges seniors face, IID offers a 30 percent REAP discount to qualifying seniors. To qualify, the primary account holder must be age 65 or older. If you are eligible, contact IID’s customer service department to make sure your account information is correct by calling 1-800-303-7756 or by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Participants who are 65 or older will need to reapply for REAP every two years, while all other participants must reapply annually.
Optional Enrollment in the Average Bill Payment Plan
Say goodbye to high summer electric bills. IID’s Average Bill Payment Plan makes budgeting a snap by averaging your monthly power bill over a 12-month period. To participate, a 12-month usage history at the same residence is required.
Click here to download a 2017 REAP application or to review income guidelines. [PDF]
(for best results, print on legal sized paper)
To apply, please complete and package together the following:
1. Fill out and submit a self-certification mailer.
2. Provide some form of income verification (such as pay stubs, Social Security statements or other income information). This is required for each adult in residence.
3. Fill out and submit an IRS Form 4506-T for 2015 (Request for Transcript of Tax Return). This is required for each adult in residence.
For more information on IID's energy assistance programs, please contact one of the following numbers:
- 1-760-339-9032 REAP Representative
- 1-800-303-7756 Customer Service