IID can help lower your monthly energy bills - and pay you to do it! Right now, you can receive $50 to recycle your old, working refrigerator or freezer. Plus, we'll even pick it up, free of charge and properly recycle it. While that old appliance in the basement or garage may provide additional storage, its' not worth the additional cost on your electric bill. By recycling your old appliance, you can save an average of $130 a year on your energy bill.*
How to Participate
- You must be a residential electric customer of IID.
- You must own the refrigerator or freezer and it must be 10-27 cubic feet.
- Appliance must be in working (cooling) order.
- Your appliance will be picked up at no charge, from the address listed on your billing account.
- The $50 reward will be mailed to you within approximately eight to ten weeks after pickup of your refrigerator or freezer.
- Limit of 2 appliances per household.
Call today to schedule your pick-up 1-855-291-9580 or sign up online.
Calculate Your Savings
Let ENERGY STAR® help you find out how much energy and money your old fridge or freezer is costing you.
Inside Your Refrigerator
With IID's Refrigerator Recycling Program, over 95 percent of the appliance is properly destroyed and recycled, preventing it from entering a landfill.
*Actual energy and cost savings will vary by equipment model and region. These estimates are conservative and based on national averages (www.energystar.gov). The term "old appliance," refers to a refrigerator or freezer that is 19 years or older.
IID has partnered with Appliance Recycling Centers of America (ARCA) Inc. to perform the pick-up and recycling of the old unit. The state-of-the-art recycling processes that will be performed at their Southern California facility, will prevent the release of ozone-depleting substances, greenhouse gases, PCBs, mercury, batteries and oil into the environment.