Following are recent news items from IID. For additional news items through 2010, click on the archive link below. For all others, please contact IID's records management section.
Are you interested in receiving automatic e-mail notices when we post news items? Click here to learn more.
IID launches its Quality AC Tune-Up Program
The IID Board of Directors recently approved a service agreement with Enalasys Corporation to implement the Quality AC Tune-Up Program.
The program enables IID residential and commercial customers to have a professional contractor check their AC systems at no cost. The free service includes:
- Duct test and seal.
- Refrigerant charge adjustment.
- The program covers up to one pound (16 oz.) of R22 and/or 410A refrigerant. Should a unit require more than one pound of refrigerant, the cost associated with the additional amount shall be covered by the customer.
- Inspection of all electrical connections and tightening, if needed.
- Inspection of all moving parts and lubrication, if needed.
- Inspection of condensate drain. Inspection of system controls and thermostat settings.
- Cleaning of evaporator and condenser air conditioning coils. (Split systems equipped with the air handler in the attic are excluded from this service due to their inaccessibility.)
To sign up for the Quality AC Tune-Up Program, call 1-877-476-7392 or register here.