Residential Energy Assistance Program (REAP)
Imperial Irrigation District’s Residential Energy Assistance Program provides income-qualifying customers with a 20 percent discount on their electric bill. IID also offers a 30 percent REAP discount to qualifying customers age 62 or older. Participants who are 62 or older will need to reapply for REAP every two years, while all other participants must reapply annually. It is the customer’s responsibility to renew the application. The income guidelines are as follows:
|Maximum Household Income (Effective as of January 1, 2020)|
|No. of Persons in Household||Combined Annual Household Income|
|Each Additional Person||$8,840|
To establish eligibility you must complete the enclosed application and return it, along with any supporting proof of income (such as pay stubs, Social Security statements or other income documents). This is required for each adult in residence. The applicant must be the customer of record with IID and cannot be claimed on another person’s Income Tax Return as a dependent. The discount will only be applied upon verification and approval.
How to Apply
- Complete and sign application [Spanish PDF]. (This form may take a few moments to download.)
- Provide proof of income verification for most current month (for each adult in residence).
- Most recent tax returns.
- Submit completed application, along with supporting documents, to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to IID (pre-paid mailer enclosed).
You can also apply at the following Customer Service Centers:
135 S. Plaza St.
301 Imperial Ave.
81-600 Avenue 58
|Office hours: Monday - Thursday, 7:30 a.m. - Noon & 1 - 5:30 p.m.|
- Renew discount each time you move.
- To avoid interruption of your discount, it is recommended that you apply 4-6 weeks prior to your renewal application expiration date.
- Your primary residence must be in IID’s service area.
- You must provide information requested within 10 working days or the application will be void.
- Account must be in good standing to qualify.
- I agree to notify IID if my income changes.
You do not qualify for REAP if:
- You have multiple residential accounts.
- You have a commercial account (except domestic water pumps).
- You do not meet the income guidelines.
- Your account has been assigned for collection.
- You have history of unauthorized and unmetered energy consumption or meter tampering.
- Other restrictions may apply.
The eGreen Program was customized to bring renewable solar clean energy to low-income families without the need for on-site installation. No enrollment is required. REAP customers will automatically be enrolled to IID’s eGreen program. The eGreen program provides up to 5 percent additional discount to REAP customers’ monthly electric bills.
Emergency Energy Assistance Program (EEAP)
IID’s Emergency Energy Assistance Program (EEAP) is here to assist customers who face disconnection for non-payment.
EEAP payment assistance is available quarterly to those who participate in our REAP program, and customers may qualify for up to $75 on their electric bill during the 1st and 4th quarter, and up to $125 during the 2nd and 3rd quarter. The quarterly periods are as follows:
|Customers may qualify for up to|
|1st quarter||January, February, March||
|2nd quarter||April, May, June||
|3rd quarter||July, August, September||
|4th quarter||October, November, December||
Pledges can only be approved for residential bills receiving this discount. Customers must pay the excess of $75 or $125, depending on the quarter, before their pledge is approved.
To request EEAP assistance, a final notice is required. These monies cannot be used for reconnect fees, deposits, transfers or to cover returned checks and related fees.
Medical Equipment Assistance Program (MEEUAP)
MEEUAP is an assistance program that reduces the electrical rate for a defined quantity of electricity used to operate medical equipment by a household that has a full-time resident who requires specific medically necessary electric equipment to sustain life or prevent deterioration of a person's medical condition.
For more information on IID's energy assistance programs, please contact one of the following numbers or click on the links below:
- 1-760-339-9032 REAP representative
- 1-800-303-7756 IID Customer Service
- Energy Assistance Programs-Overview [PDF]
- Energy Assistance Programs - and Frequently Asked Questions [PDF]
If you need help paying your bill, the Low-Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP) may be able to help you with a one-time payment. LIHEAP provides assistance to eligible low-income households with the goal of managing and meeting their immediate home energy needs.
Please note, LIHEAP is federally funded and not administered by IID.
To apply for the program, contact the local providers below or visit the California Department of Community Services and Development website for more information.
|Imperial County||Riverside County|
Campesinos Unidos, Inc.
This provider offers utility payment assistance and weatherization services to low-income Californians in your area.
1005 C St., Brawley, CA 92227
Community Action Partnership of Riverside County
This provider offers services under the Community Services Block Grant targeting low-income Californians and disadvantaged communities in your area.
2038 Iowa Ave., Suite B102, Riverside, CA 92507Phone: (951) 955-4900