March 19, 2020 - As the coronavirus pandemic continues to evolve, IID remains committed to the health and safety of its customers and employees. We will continue to process rebate requests; however, there may be potential delays due to changing circumstances that may arise as this situation unfolds. We would like to assure you that service remains our priority and the staff of IID recognizes the importance of your rebates and will work to get them to you as quickly as possible.
You have chosen to go green in how you live and what you drive. Your car is not just transportation, but a statement about your commitment to protect the environment.
To help, IID now offers rebates up to $500 to customers who purchase and install a Level 2 (240V) plug-in electric vehicle charger in 2020.
Please note: Products must be purchased and installed in 2020 in order to qualify for a rebate. Rebates are not guaranteed and are available on a first-come, first-served basis. This program may be modified without prior notice.Rebate Status and Program Contact
To check the status of your rebate or foradditional program information please contact the Rebate Processing Center at (760) 482-3656 (Imperial Valley) and (760)396-5656 (Coachella Valley) or by e-mail reCharge@iid.com.
How to Apply
Read the terms and conditions of the program.
3 Ways to Submit Your Rebate Application
EV Charger (EVSE)
Up to $500 (Unit + Installation)
|The rebate amount cannot exceed 50% of the net purchase price for the measures to be installed (where the net purchase price is defined as the documented purchase cost less any taxes, shipping, insurance coverage and incentives received from other entities other than tax credits) plus installation costs (less any taxes).|
Program Limitations and Requirements
- Eligibility. Electric vehicle supply equipment (EV charger) must be Level 2 (240V) and utilize the SAE J1772 charging plug or Tesla’s High Power Wall Connector and be UL- or equivalent listed. Chargers with greater capacity will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Chargers must be wall- or pedestal-mounted. Chargers must be designed for electric vehicles that are DOT-approved for highway application. Golf carts, neighborhood carts, motorcycles, electric scooters or bicycles and other low-speed vehicles are not eligible.
- Existing homes only. Rebates are only available for existing homes. New construction does not qualify.
- Rebate limit. One rebate per charging station; dual-port charging stations are only eligible for a single rebate.
- Maximum annual rebate. Maximum annual rebate allowance per customer is $5,000 for all rebate programs combined.
- Rebate frequency. A customer may only receive a rebate for the same product type once every five years.
- Limited funding. Rebates are limited, not guaranteed and may be terminated without prior notice.
- Self-generating customers. Self-generating customers’ rebate amounts will be determined by the percentage of their total energy usage that is not offset by their photovoltaic system. For example, if only 25% of a self-generating customer’s energy is supplied by IID, their incentive is reduced to 25% of the rebate amount listed on the application.
- Self-installation. Customers that self-install products do not need to work with a contractor, but must obtain any required permits from their local jurisdiction, if applicable.
Terms and Conditions
- I understand that only electrical vehicle chargers that meet the Product Eligibility Requirements and are installed at a residence with an active IID electrical account are eligible for the IID reCharge! EV Charger Rebate Program rebate.
- I understand that funding is available on a first-come, first-served basis. Funds are limited and rebates are not guaranteed. This program may be modified or terminated without prior notice.
- I understand that Electric Vehicle Supply Equipment (EV charger) must be purchased and installed between January 1, 2020, and December 31, 2020. Limit one (1) EV charger rebate per account.
- I understand that the equipment must be new and installed at the residence listed on this application prior to submittal of this application. Units that are resold, rebuilt, retrofitted, rented, awarded as a prize, received in full or in part from insurance claims or installed as a result of new construction do not qualify.
- I understand that the signed and dated application, copies of receipts, invoices and other supporting documentation must be submitted to the IID Rebate Processing Center no later than December 31, 2020.
- I will allow, if requested, reasonable access to my residence to verify the installed item(s) noted on this application. I understand that a rebate will not be paid or I will be invoiced for the rebate amount, if I refuse a verification inspection.
- I agree that the selection, purchase, installation, ownership and maintenance of the product or improvement listed in this application are my sole responsibility and that my supplier, installer or contractor who provided these product or improvement is not an agent or representative of IID. I also understand that, with respect to the EV charger I choose to install, IID makes no warranty, whether expressed or implied, including warranty of merchantability or fitness for any particular purpose. I agree that IID has no liability whatsoever concerning: (1) the EV charger I choose to install; and (2) the workmanship of any third parties. I agree that in no event shall IID’s liability for property loss or damage resulting from its activities under this application exceed the total rebate amount paid to me under this application.
- I understand that the rebate amount per unit will be paid according to the rebate amount per unit in effect at the time the application is received by IID.
- If a tenant, I understand I am responsible for obtaining the property owner’s permission to install the product or equipment for which I am applying for a rebate. My signature on this application indicates I have obtained this permission.
- I understand that the rebate amount cannot exceed 50% of the net purchase price for the measures to be installed (where the net purchase price is defined as the documented purchase cost less any taxes, shipping, insurance coverage and incentives received from other entities other than tax credits) plus installation costs (less any taxes).
- I understand that if I am a self-generating customer, my rebate amount will be determined by the percentage of my total energy usage that is provided by IID.
- TAX LIABILITY—Rebates and incentives are taxable. You are urged to consult your tax advisor concerning the taxability of rebates. IID is not responsible for any taxes that may be imposed on you as a result of your receipt of this rebate
- I certify that I will comply with all program requirements and with all applicable local, state or federal laws and property owner and/or homeowner’s association requirements, if any. In instances when a contractor is required for the installation of the new equipment, I understand it is my responsibility to ensure the contractor holds the appropriate license for the work performed.