Serving the community is of utmost importance, however, due to the financial effects caused by COVID-19, we are unable to process unsolicited requests for funding at this time. In addition, the Local Entity grant application process is currently closed.

  • power lines at sunrise

Frequently Asked Energy Questions

Press Enter to show all options, press Tab go to next option

Q: How do I make a Payment by Mail?
Enclose the bottom portion of your bill with your payment using the self-addressed envelope provided in your billing. Please pay by check or money order only - sending cash through the mail is risky!

Mail payments to:

Imperial Irrigation District
P.O. Box 937
Imperial, CA 92251-0937

Q: Can I make a payment in person?
You may pay your bill at any IID ENERGY office or authorized pay station. Please bring with you both sections of the bill and pay by personal check, money order or cash. Some IID ENERGY offices are also equipped with after-hours drop boxes. Click here for a list of authorized pay stations.

Q: How do I establish service?
Residential customers who wish to apply for electric service may telephone IID Energy at 1-800-303-7756. We will try to have your service established by the next working day. You may also phone in to transfer electricity from one residence to another.

Q: Does IID Energy charge a fee to establishment my service and if so is it refundable?
A hookup fee called a Service Establishment Charge will be charged when your service is first established. This is a non-refundable fee.

Q: Does IID Energy require a deposit to start service?
No, but if your service has been disconnected for nonpayment, you will be required to furnish a deposit based on your average monthly use. You must also pay a reconnect fee and the full amount due on your bill before service can be reconnected. The deposit may be refunded to you if you remain in good standing for one year for residential accounts and three years for commercial accounts.

Q: Does IID Energy have an automatic pay program?
Using IID Energy’s EZ PAY program, you can have your monthly electric bill automatically deducted from your designated checking or savings account. To get started, simply contact the IID ENERGY customer service section at 1-800-303-7756 to request an authorization form. Once the form is completed, return it to the IID ENERGY along with a voided check. IID ENERGY will then inform your financial institution of the amount due each month and the bank will automatically deduct that amount from the pre-designated account on the Amount Due By date shown on the lower portion of the statement.You will receive your bill monthly showing the amount due and the date due. Payments will be itemized on your monthly banking statement.

There is no charge to sign up for EZ PAY, but a $20.00 fee will be assessed to electric bills for non-sufficient funds. If a payment is rejected by a financial institution more than three times within a 12-month period, IID ENERGY reserves the right to terminate your participation.

Q: I live on a fixed income; does IID Energy offer any type of level pay plan?
To avoid erratic power bills, you might want to sign up for our Average Payment Program. It works like this: your average bill is determined by totaling your power bills for the past year, adding an inflation factor and dividing by 12. Your meter is still read as normal, and a settlement statement will be issued for the balance in the 12th month of each year. This settlement could be a credit if you used less than was estimated. For more information, call customer service at 1-800-303-7756.

Q: Is there a fee to disconnect my service?
There is no charge for having your power disconnected and arrangements may be made over the telephone. Disconnects are always done on weekdays excluding every other Friday when our offices are closed. If you're disconnecting your power, please call us with the following information:

  • Your account number
  • Date service is to be stopped
  • Forwarding address (for closing bill)

Q: My meter is not accessible to your meter readers. Can I make special arrangements for it to be read?
To assure the most accurate billing on a monthly basis, it is the customer's responsibility for the meter to be accessible. The meter readers encounter all kinds of obstacles, including fenced yards, enclosed and locked meter boxes and, of course, dogs. We respect our customer's right to privacy, but the meter reader needs safe access to your meter to complete the job. If your gate must be kept locked, or there is a dog in the yard, please make arrangements with us for meter reading by calling 355-1112 or 1-800-303-7756.

Q: What does a surge protector do and why would I need one?
It is your responsibility to protect your electrical appliances, including air-conditioning units, television sets, VCRs, refrigerators, etc. IID ENERGY does not honor claims for damages caused by power interruptions (Rule 6 of the IID ENERGY Regulations Governing Sale and Use of Electrical Energy). Electrical service can be affected by many factors, for example, thunderstorms. Major electrical appliances should be equipped with protective devices, such as surge protectors. We suggest you double-check your appliances for these protective devices and install them for those appliances that need them to prevent damage during power interruptions. Ask your electrical or air conditioning contractors for their assistance in choosing the proper devices for your electrical appliances.

Q: Do you make special arrangements for those on life support devices?
Every effort will be made to provide uninterrupted electrical service to our customers who require a life support system. The IID ENERGY has a form to complete if you are interested in this service. Your electric bills must still be paid in a timely manner and a physician's statement will be required.

Q: I am planting a new tree and am not sure where my underground lines are. How do I find out?
If you're planning to landscape your yard or build an addition to your home, be sure to call before your dig! Call the Underground Service Alert, toll-free, at 1-800-422-4133, two working days before you begin a project. Experts will locate electric, gas, telephone, water and sewer lines on your land.

Q: Some trees in my neighborhood are touching the power lines. Who should I call?
Anything that rubs against a power line can create a dangerous situation. Often, tree branches grow into the lines and should be trimmed. If you notice this at your home, please report the condition to us. Please don't be upset if your trees are trimmed without notice. We try to see that lines are kept from tree limbs, which could create a hazard or an interruption in power service. Please call our customer service department to report any overgrown trees.