Products must be purchased and installed in 2018 in order to qualify for a rebate. Rebates are not guaranteed and are available on a first-come, first-served basis. This program may be modified without prior notice. Please read the Terms and Conditions below.
How to Apply
- Read the Terms and Conditions and product eligibility requirements on the application. Click here to review complete program guidelines.
- Confirm availability of rebate funds by calling the Rebate Processing Center at 1-760-482-3656 (Imperial Valley) or 1-760-396-5656 (Coachella Valley). Non-rebates totaling $5,000 or more require pre-approval from IID. Funding is limited and rebates are not guaranteed.
- Purchase, fully pay and install qualifying product(s) between January 1, 2018 and December 31, 2018.
- Fill out the application. Collect supporting documentation including proof of purchase and all other materials from product reflecting its energy efficiency. If using a contractor invoice as proof of purchase, invoice must be itemized.
- Make copies of all documents for your records.
- Submit your completed application, proof-of-purchase and other supporting documentation as required, within 90 days of the purchase date or by December 31, 2018, whichever comes sooner, as rebates are limited and awarded on a first-come, first-served basis.
Mail: IID Rebate Processing Center
P.O. Box 937
Imperial, CA 92251
Important to Know
- Existing buildings only. Rebates are only available for existing building. New construction projects do not qualify.
- Limited funds. Rebates are limited, not guaranteed and may be terminated without prior notice. Non-residential rebates are capped at $10,000 annually per customer account.
- Rebate check time frame. If all program requirements are met, a rebate check is generally mailed within 8-10 weeks, unless your application is selected for inspection, which may take additional time. Incomplete applications will not be processed.
- Keep copies. Keep a copy of your completed application with required documentation (including receipts, invoices, etc.) for your records.
- Participating contractor required. If replacing a heating ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) system or installing attic insulation, these projects must be completed by a contractor on IID’s Participating Contractor List, unless the customer is self-installing the product. IID’s Participating Contractors List is available online at www.iid.com/participatingcontractors.
- Self-installation. Customers that self-install products do not need to work with a contractor.
Rebate frequency. A customer may only receive a rebate for the same product once every five years.
- NEM customers. Net energy metered (self-generating) customers rebate amount will be determined by the percentage of their total energy usage that is not offset by their photovoltaic system. For example, if only 25% of an NEM customer’s energy is supplied by IID than their incentive is reduced to 25% of the rebate amount listed on the application.
- Building permit requirements. Building permits are a requirement of your local jurisdiction (city, county, etc.) for certain projects, including the replacement of a heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) system. Failure to apply for a building permit, when one is required, can result in a fine from your local building department. Call your local building department for more information.
2018 Rebate Forms
Please mail completed forms to:
IID Rebate Processing Center
P.O. Box 937
Imperial, CA 92251
|Packaged Terminal Air Conditioners and Heat Pumps (PTAC)||
|Commercial and Industrial HVAC Equipment||
|Energy Efficient Motors||
Rebate funding is limited and is offered on a first-come first-served basis. The program is effective until program funding is exhausted or program is discontinued.