Email: email@example.com | Cell: 1-760-336-9413
Director Norma Sierra Galindo serves as president of the IID Board of Directors, representing Division 5. The division includes Imperial, Holtville and parts of Calexico and eastern Imperial County. Director Galindo was first elected to the board in a special election in 2012 and re-elected in 2014 and 2018.
Before serving as director, Ms. Galindo was appointed to IID’s Energy Consumers Advisory Committee where she served for eight years. In 2005, Director Galindo was elected to the Imperial Community College District Board of Trustees and served on its bond oversight committee. Director Galindo works as an instructor for Calexico High School’s Allied Health Professions program and as an educator for Imperial Valley Regional Occupational Program’s Medical Assistant and Business Departments. She also operates a private interpretation and translation business.
A graduate of Calexico High School, Director Galindo was awarded a bachelor’s degree in history and anthropology from the University of California and holds a state teaching credential.
Her service includes:
- Board of directors, U.S. Navy League of Imperial Valley
- Board of directors, Cancer Resource Center of the Desert
- Founding board member, Habitat for Humanity Imperial Valley Affiliate
- Imperial Valley Women honored in 1991
- Lifetime appointment, made in 1997 by governor and attorney general, to CADRE, California Schools
- Education and Law Enforcement Partnership
- Former proprietor of A Place of Angels: An Extraordinary Place for People with CancerMember of the CONDORSOUL Medical Missions Team in Peru and the lower Amazon
Director Galindo’s current term expires December 2022.