IID is accepting on-farm efficiency conservation proposals.
The current on-farm efficiency conservation program pays $125 per acre-foot of delivered water reduction, verified against baselines derived from historical deliveries specific to each field and crop. For program details, see the On-Farm Program Description attached below.
Closing of old contracts
IID has mailed out closing notification letters to all OFECP participants with outstanding contracts for 2015 to 2017 programs that require immediate action. If the designated contracts are not returned to OFECP staff with all required signatures by noon on December 31, 2019 these OFECP contracts will be void and no conservation payments will be processed. There will be no exceptions to this deadline as the IID board has directed these programs to be closed.
2020 solicitation crops planted in 2020 and 2020 perennials
Changes have been made to IID’s On- Farm Efficiency Conservation Program that are intended to help the district operate the program within budget, meet the obligations of the water transfer, and continue on-farm participation by the ag water community.
After careful consideration, on November 18, the IID Board of Directors approved a one-year, 2020 OFECP with the following target volumes and rates:
- The 2020 OFECP establishes a not-to-exceed payment rate of $285/acre-foot to fund a maximum conservation target of 128,333 AF tied to a fixed budget.
- If the 2020 OFECP yield is more than the 128,333 AF target, the OFECP budget remains the same and the $285/AF payment rate will be reduced proportionately.
- Participants with crops planted in 2019 and harvested in 2020, will be paid using the 2019 OECP payment rate of $125/AF of conserved water (plus any true-up).
- Final payment rate for 2020 crops will depend on the total program savings. It is anticipated that the 2020 contracts will include provisions for a partial payment after the completion of the season with the balance paid once the final program savings have been determined.
Application process for 2020 crops
There are changes being made to the application process for 2020 that involve moving the property owner’s authorization into the application, ultimately streamlining the verification process. The proposed application changes are still being finalized. Therefore, in order to have the opportunity to properly verify crop fields, provisional application forms for proposed fields are available and have been distributed to all past program participants and are available to new participants upon request and can also be downloaded below. Provisional application forms must be submitted before the start of the crop for annuals and by the beginning of the year for perennials. The OFECP provisional application form is located below.
For a general program overview and past conservation totals, please visit www.iid.com/onfarm.
|Forms / Downloads|
|On-Farm Program Description [PDF]|
|2014-2015 On-Farm Conservation Agreement [PDF]|
|2020 Provisional Application [PDF]|
|2020 Provisional Application [XLS]|
- Fill out an Applicant Information Form and one Conservation Measure Proposal Form per conservation measure proposed.
- Make copies of all documents for your records.
- Submit your completed application by email (preferred) or
333 E. Barioni Blvd.
Imperial, CA 92251
Attn: On-Farm Program
Additional questions should be directed to the On-Farm Hotline at (760) 339-9777 or by email.